Documentum Developer Edition 6.6 | 2.1 GB
Documentum - a global leader in ECM (Enterprise Content Management) systems. This is - a full-featured platform for managing unstructured enterprise information (different types of documents, digital media, content web sites). The Documentum platform makes it possible not only manage the documents of the enterprise at all stages of their life cycle, but also to solve the problem of complex automation of various business processes, providing a process-oriented relationship of different information systems together.
Hard disk space - 20 GB
RAM - 3 GB minimum, with at least 4 GB recommended
CPU - Intel (x86)
Display - A video card capable displaying a minimum of 256 colors (SVGA), or 800 x 600
Microsoft Windows XP SP3 or higher (Vista, 7, Server 2008)
Microsoft. NET Framework, version 2.0 or higher
Java Runtime 1.5 or higher
In a world of solutions based on Documentum uses more than 1400 companies, including:
Bayer AG, BEA Systems, Bechtel, BOC Gases, BP, Cisco, Delta Airlines, Dow Chemical, FDA, Ford Motor Company, Hewlett-Packard, Hyundai, IRS, Johnson & Johnson, McDonalds, Merck & Co., Nokia, PepsiCo, Pfizer, Prudential Insurance, Siebel, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Thomson Learning, United Airlines and Yahoo!
Purpose of the system:
* Document management and business processes of their processing;
* Manage the content of web sites and enterprise portals;
* Manage digital media;
* Bzaimodeystvie with the means of scanning/recognition;
* Project management and teamwork;
* Managing the creation of documents. Use of scanning and recognition, or specific applications (MS Office, CAD / CAM-System, ERP).
* Implementation of joint work with documents. The mechanism of check-in/check-out. The distribution of access rights.
* Manage document versions.
* Dispatch of documents, regulated, and dynamic routing of transmission of documents.
* Adoption of the documents. Implementation of a multilevel approval procedures.
* Archival storage of documents.
* Registration of incoming and outgoing documents.
* Control the execution of documents and orders.
Formation of Regulated and analytical reports.
* Search by attributes.
* Retrospective documents
* Management of design documentation.
EMC Documentum architecture
The system is implemented in a classical three-tier architecture (database server, application server, client), which allows an optimal way to distribute the load on computing resources, and ensure the highest level of security data storage and transmission.
The system is a relational database, which provides mechanisms for transaction processing of structured queries, the basic features for storing and indexing data. As the north of databases can serve any industrial system, including Oracle Database or Microsoft SQL Server.
System s business logic resides on the server application Documentum Content Server, which provides an implementation of a functional model of document processing, is responsible for distributing the load on computing resources, as well as for the safety of a client accesses the data store.
Job user c EMC Documentum
The user interface is implemented as a supplement to the Windows Explorer, and is constructed in such a way as to work with the repository for the user did not differ from working with the local file system. As part of the user interface implemented folders with documents, the Document Properties dialog, the search function, extracts/conservation, participation in the processing of documents, statistics and etc. Also, the system has a full-featured web-client that allows to work with the system through a web-browser.
Recipe normal proper installation:
1. WinXP (+ SP) ENG (if Vista, 7, etc. can and will be a problem with permissions to files and folders to Program files - can be treated, but gimorno)
2. The name of the user that put subj, - in English
3. Costs. NET and JRE
If you are installing just sit and click Next - means the installation is correct, if you get out questions (such as parameters for the repository) or error (different) - so somewhere wedged the great mighty.
This installation package includes:
A new universal Content Repository
Content Server that manages access to the content in the repository Webtop, a browser-based application for accessing the content repository
Composer, an Eclipse-based tool for creating and deploying application artifacts into the content repository
SDKs for develping content-centric applications:
o Web Development Kit (WDK)
o Documentum Foundation Services (DFS)
o Documentum Foundation Classes (DFC)
o Documentum Administrator
o Retention Policy Services Administrator
SQL Server Express 2005 Database (installed with bundled database option only)
JBoss Application Server to host Documentum web applications and run administration jobs
Compatibility with Vista:
Compatible with Windows 7: